|Here is the first loaf, hot out of the oven. If you look close, you|
can see chunks of apples peaking through the crust.
• ½ cup butter
• 1 cup sugar (since the apples were not very sweet, I added 2 Tbsp sugar)
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups flour (1½ cup all-purpose+½ cup whole wheat)
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp cardamom
• ¼ tsp coriander seed powder
• 1/8 tsp ginger
• 1/8 tsp cloves
• 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp white pepper (you can use black pepper, but I didn't want the pepper to show)
• 1 zucchini (courgette) finely grated including the skin and any liquid
• 2 apples (peeled, cored, and diced) I used pink lady
Preheat oven to 350°F (app. 175°C*)- if using stoneware, check the recommendations of your manufacturer regarding oven temperature.
Prepare loaf pan (I buttered the pan and lined the bottom with parchment)
Cream butter & sugar, add eggs one at a time.
Whisk dry ingredients together.
Alternately add dry ingredients and grated zucchini (courgette) and mix only until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
Fold in diced apples and spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 60-80 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the loaf comes out clean (I needed 80 minuted, but I monitored the loaf the entire time).
|Enjoying a still-warm slice with a hot cup of organic Assam black tea|
‡Wiki page "Zucchini"
*I use an online conversion chart and round up or down, as seems appropriate. Please adjust according to your judgement, and send me a message if you find an error. Thank you.